Blog Journal 10 (due 11/13/17)

Using any sort of data collection tools, whether that be excel, online surveys, or phone apps could prove useful for any teacher at any grade level. Collecting data on students allows a teacher to evaluate how students are doing in a class, what material they are picking up and what material they don't understand. For example, in a high school math class, conducting weekly quizzes on an online app would provide a teacher with immediate feedback as to whether the students are understanding the material learned recently, which in turn could determine the future curriculum or material the teacher emphasizes in class. Not only this, but some data collection tools, such as educational apps, can provide immediate feedback for the students, which allows them to know what to focus on while studying. Another example of how data collection could be used in a different context is handing out surveys at the end of a semester in a middle or high school class. Having students fill out surveys, or teacher evaluations provides the teacher with helpful information that could guide their teaching in the future.

My favorite blog post to read on the blogs of other students is blog post 8. I found it interesting how many different ideas were presented on how to use Bloom's Taxonomy in the classroom setting, and what professional development sites were found by other students. I also enjoyed the blog posts that linked to students Weebly websites created for one an assignment. It was really cool to explore others' websites, and it sheds light on the different kinds of teachers people in this class aspire to be. I was surprised at how different websites could look, even though they were all developed on the same website.

One of the next technologies I would like to learn more about is tablet technology, and the concept of teaching/presenting material on students' personal devices. I predict that this will be a common way of instruction in the future, and I think it would be beneficial to learn more about how this works. The initial way I can go about doing this, because I do not have access to a classroom full of students, is reading up on technologies that exist that allow teachers to do this. For example, are there technologies that exist that allow teachers to prevent students from seeing anything other than their material on their screen? How difficult is it for students to have access to this technology on their devices? Questions like these are ones I will seek answers to first. I would like to learn more about this technology because I  can see it being very prevalent in classrooms by the time I am a teacher.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILP #1 "Design" - Infographic

ILP #2 "Design" Digital Storytelling