Blog Journal 4 (Due 10/2/17)
Unlike many, I am new to Twitter and still learning how it works. I have found it slightly more confusing than other social media. However, I can see how it could be beneficial for a future teacher. I think it seems like a slightly more professional and safer form of communicating with students than other social media forms such as Facebook or Instagram. So far I have just followed my instructor as well as a few classmates and 4 education related accounts. I will try to make an effort to follow more classmates as more post their twitter name on their blogs. My favorite account that I follow is "@MrDtimes3". I follow him on Instagram as well. He is an elementary school teacher who goes above and beyond to make school, and more specifically his classroom a place where "kids want to be, not where they have to be." He is an inspiration to me as I aspire to be as enthusiastic as him one day.
The digital divide is very relevant in today's day and age and something teachers need to be aware of. Even throughout schools in America, some students don't have access to a computer or even the internet at home. This divide has a bigger impact on students than meets the eye, because the divide continues to grow, and when it comes time for graduation, some students will be at a major disadvantage because they are not familiar with technology that they may need to use in place like college or the workforce. The digital divide starts, or is caused by the situation students grow up in, and whether they live in a place where they have easy access to the internet and a functioning computer. As a future teacher I think its important to be aware of whether your students have access to technology at home or not. For example, homework should be made easily accessible to all students, even if that means using paper instead of sending it home digitally.
If I were to end up as a fourth grade teacher, the most common student software that I would use would probably be things like tutorials, educational games, and presentation software. More advanced software like 3D software and simulations would probably be used very little if at all with young students.
The digital divide is very relevant in today's day and age and something teachers need to be aware of. Even throughout schools in America, some students don't have access to a computer or even the internet at home. This divide has a bigger impact on students than meets the eye, because the divide continues to grow, and when it comes time for graduation, some students will be at a major disadvantage because they are not familiar with technology that they may need to use in place like college or the workforce. The digital divide starts, or is caused by the situation students grow up in, and whether they live in a place where they have easy access to the internet and a functioning computer. As a future teacher I think its important to be aware of whether your students have access to technology at home or not. For example, homework should be made easily accessible to all students, even if that means using paper instead of sending it home digitally.
If I were to end up as a fourth grade teacher, the most common student software that I would use would probably be things like tutorials, educational games, and presentation software. More advanced software like 3D software and simulations would probably be used very little if at all with young students.
Comments
Post a Comment