Blog Journal 7 (Due 10/23/17)
So far, twitter has been fun to use. Now that I am following some of my classmates, it is fun to see what everyone else is up to and what they are sharing. However, sometimes I have a hard time remembering to post. I have learned how easy it is to spread information on social networks such as Twitter. I only have 8 followers, but I am always surprised at how quickly people like my posts. I can see how Twitter could be beneficial in getting information out to a large group of people quickly. The one issue I am experiencing is the small word limit. Sometimes I want to share more than I can and I have to pick and choose my words carefully.
I found assignment 4 to be more difficult than I had anticipated. This isn't a bad thing, as I learned a lot such as how to embed a calendar and how to organize a website in an aesthetic manner. However, it took some time to figure out Weebly. I really liked the freedom we had in choosing our grade, theme, topic, etc. However, I didn't like figuring out some of the small logistics, such as how to insert an image. While I didn't enjoy these aspects, they were still important skills to learn and ones I will surely be using in the future. In fact, some of my favorite high school teachers had separate websites such as these with a lot of useful information, and it is something I would like to have one day. If I were to create a website again, I would choose different images that may include less words.
Diigo is a really cool website, and I can see how it could be useful in many different settings. It allows many people to share a group and in turn share links to websites. In addition, it is useful to be able to annotate and comment on others' links as well. I can see it being used in a classroom setting among students who are perhaps working on a group project together. I can see it being used among professional colleagues during professional development, or maybe to share websites or resources helpful when teaching. I can also see how as an individual, it could be a useful way to compile information over time, and keep track of why that information was useful through annotations.
I found assignment 4 to be more difficult than I had anticipated. This isn't a bad thing, as I learned a lot such as how to embed a calendar and how to organize a website in an aesthetic manner. However, it took some time to figure out Weebly. I really liked the freedom we had in choosing our grade, theme, topic, etc. However, I didn't like figuring out some of the small logistics, such as how to insert an image. While I didn't enjoy these aspects, they were still important skills to learn and ones I will surely be using in the future. In fact, some of my favorite high school teachers had separate websites such as these with a lot of useful information, and it is something I would like to have one day. If I were to create a website again, I would choose different images that may include less words.
Diigo is a really cool website, and I can see how it could be useful in many different settings. It allows many people to share a group and in turn share links to websites. In addition, it is useful to be able to annotate and comment on others' links as well. I can see it being used in a classroom setting among students who are perhaps working on a group project together. I can see it being used among professional colleagues during professional development, or maybe to share websites or resources helpful when teaching. I can also see how as an individual, it could be a useful way to compile information over time, and keep track of why that information was useful through annotations.
Comments
Post a Comment