Blog Journal 9 (due 11/6/17)
"The Flipped Classroom" is a new, interesting instructional strategy I had never heard of before. The basic idea is that the instructional content usually taught in the classroom during school hours is delivered in different ways at home. Usually it occurs online. Then, class time is devoted to homework and practicing or reviewing the content. My initial impression of this is extremely positive. I can see the benefits of having a teacher around while doing homework or practicing. However, the more I thought about it the more I realized that there may be flaws in this system of learning. For instance, when the teachers aren't the ones teaching new content, there is a risk that students aren't learning material as effectively as they would if the content were taught in person. This means the students may not remember the information, and they may not get through as much curriculum as teachers can fit into a day in the classroom.
Open content is information online that can be viewed, edited, and copied freely without permission given. Open sources software, which is explained in depth on this helpful website: https://opensource.com/resources/what-open-source could allow students to not only find information where there is little to worry about in terms of copyrighting and illegal use, but it also allows students to add to the current information online. Open source software include Windows 10, some business intelligence software, many educational sites and online games that could be beneficial to students. Open content and sources are helpful in some cases, however it is important for students to learn how to cite their sources.
I enjoyed creating a powerpoint, however I didn't enjoy creating a voice-over as much, just because I had never done it before so it took me longer to figure out than I thought it would. However, now that I am finished I can see how helpful this could be as a teacher, to include the lecture with the powerpoint. I like how you can create a powerpoint and the recording of the lecture all in the same place. Next time, I would make my notes underneath the slides a little more extensive in order to make the lecture portion easier to talk through on recording.
Open content is information online that can be viewed, edited, and copied freely without permission given. Open sources software, which is explained in depth on this helpful website: https://opensource.com/resources/what-open-source could allow students to not only find information where there is little to worry about in terms of copyrighting and illegal use, but it also allows students to add to the current information online. Open source software include Windows 10, some business intelligence software, many educational sites and online games that could be beneficial to students. Open content and sources are helpful in some cases, however it is important for students to learn how to cite their sources.
I enjoyed creating a powerpoint, however I didn't enjoy creating a voice-over as much, just because I had never done it before so it took me longer to figure out than I thought it would. However, now that I am finished I can see how helpful this could be as a teacher, to include the lecture with the powerpoint. I like how you can create a powerpoint and the recording of the lecture all in the same place. Next time, I would make my notes underneath the slides a little more extensive in order to make the lecture portion easier to talk through on recording.


Comments
Post a Comment